DynPEQ is a family of digital audio workstation plug-ins allowing detailed control over the audio spectrum, combining the functionality of a classic parametric equalizer and dynamics processor into an integrated unit. DynPEQ supports both AU and AAX! Check out this review from ProSound Network.
Geared for Mastering
- Four DynPEQ bands
- Multichannel stem capable
- Output peak limiter
- Project patch store
- License & installer includes Trio DynPEQ
Geared for Input Processing
- Three DynPEQ bands
- Single channel insert
Exclusively for OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard & Later
Praise for Sonic Studio Processing Products
Tom Biener, Chace Audio
"[Legendary I.C.E.:] We tried it, we loved it, we bought it!!"
Dave Davis, All Night Party
"[Sonic Studio Mastering EQ]...a real step forward, with the great sound we've come to love"
Dave Glasser, Airshow Mastering
"soundBlade and Quartet - a totally unique combination of the highest quality sound with excellent EQ and dynamics. I'm not a big plug-in user, but this is the plug-in to use with soundBlade."
Bob Lanzner, Technovoice
"What the Sonic Studio Mastering EQ does is nothing short of a miracle."
Clients include: George Clinton, Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder, Chaka Khan, RZA, Snoop Dogg, Lil' Kim, Ne-Yo
DiViNCi - Producer, Engineer, Artist
"It's rare that the most convenient way to do something also provides the best quality, but with Sonic Studio Process that's exactly what I get. Being able to process multiple files at once with the same SRC & dithering algorithms I use on my final bounces has always been my ideal scenario!"
The DynPEQ Difference
- At the heart of DynPEQ is a traditional parametric equalizer. DynPEQ is not related to a graphic equalizer. The bands to apply dynamics to are defined by center/cutoff frequency and Q/shelf slope. There are no fixed bands or crossover frequencies. The same principles you use in finding parametric bands for EQ can be extended to apply a dynamics curve to that band.
- Though many powerful multiband systems employ the short-term Fourier transform, STFT systems necessitate a temporal granularity to its processing. DynPEQ employs traditional parametric EQ and dynamics in the time domain, so it can respond rapidly and robustly in comparison.
- DynPEQ calculates the total RMS level of the sidechain, which yields a fast-reacting and smooth level for dynamics control. You do not have to extend the release time to keep a steady-state level flat.
- Lastly, DynPEQ is a Wholegrain processor design. We take pride in our attention paid to digital audio processing artifacts and how to deal with them. While we can’t honestly say the processing is completely transparent, we encourage you to listen closely to DynPEQ in comparison to other multiband dynamics processors doing the same tasks.
From many years of listening to parametric equalization and dynamics processing by themselves, we have experienced firsthand why they are used with reluctance. The fatigue caused by dynamics pumping is well-known to the community. We now believe that the pumping phenomena is in part due to dynamics processing being applied to the entire spectrum. So, while dynamics processing is necessary in audio, the engineer is understandably reluctant to apply it. At the same time, while parametric equalization makes valuable alterations to the sonic environment, it does little to add or lessen punch when needed.
DynPEQ has given us the impression that dynamics processing is more applicable when restricted to the parts of the audio spectrum where it can offer the most help. We have found that many recordings are centric to the lead instruments and vocals, that the dynamics are usually fine in that band, and that making even small dynamic changes outside of the lead band can make a significant difference with less to much less pumping.
We believe that DynPEQ can add significant finishing touches to acoustic ensemble recordings, hence the names Trio and Quartet. At the same time, we try not to rely on the preset bands in the toolbox and tinker with the many parameter settings. We think DynPEQ can open up, or perhaps re-open, your aural world, where you can discover adjustments that are uniquely your own.
Quartet and Trio are AU / AAX plug-ins that run on:
32- or 64-bit Intel Mac
Audio Unit workstation
Mac OS X 10.7 or above
Pro Tools AAX/HDX, 10 or above
Mac OS X 10.6 or above
Copyright © 2001 Sonic Studio, LLC. All rights reserved.