**Ships only within the United States**
The Mogwai Amp offers more than an entry point for tube amps, but a hybrid product, meant for serious headphone and speaker use. The Mogwai offers 3 watts/channel making it appropriate for 95db loudspeakers in both a desktop near field set-up or traditional set-up. Mogwai is a tube rollers dream with access to limitless options of NOS tube choices.
Key Features of the AmpsandSound Mogwai:
- Custom wound ultra-high quality US sourced transformers
- 32 ohm 1⁄4” headphone output jack
- 8 ohm speaker output with five-way binding posts
- ALPS volume pot
- Choke filtered power supply
- Custom walnut chassis with ebony corners and hand-rubbed finish
- Triode strapped output
- Easy to drive input
The Mogwai is unique because combines the features of a full-sized two-channel power amplifier and headphone amplifier in a chassis that is suitable for a desktop use.
- Input impedance is 10K ohm with alps pot, .5v for full power.
- Noise with pot fully counterclockwise is 500 micro volts RMS
- Measured with 6550 output tubes on 1/4″ 32ohm optimized headphone jack.
- 500mW RMS output 20 Hz (-2db) to 17.7 kHz (-3db)
- Measured with 6550 output tubes on 8-ohm tap.
- 3W RMS output 30 Hz (-1db) to 20 kHz (-2db)
Praise for ampsandsound Amps
"The 1626 (aka Kenzie) is one of the sweetest-sounding amps you will ever hear." Read more...
"The Amps & Sound Kenzie: A Brilliant new Tube Amplifier!" Read more...
"This amp does many, many things exceptionally well, and rewards the listener with consistently fine, highly musical sound. Highly recommended." Read more...
"Buy the Kenzie tube amp for its gorgeous guts, keep it for the golden glow." Watch this video
Copyright © 2001 Sonic Studio, LLC. All rights reserved.