Kenzie Headphone Amp
**Ships only within the United States**
The Kenzie Headphone Amp is a wonderful adaptation of the Darling circuit. It’s a DHT/SET headphone amp that provides more than enough power to be paired with modern planars and inefficient monitors alike. This is the selection for the tube purest who wants that familiar sound paired with headphones’ remarkable imaging.
Key Features of the AmpsandSound Kenzie:
- Custom wound ultra-high quality US sourced transformers
- 32 and 600 ohms output jacks via separate 1⁄4” jacks
- Utilizes WWII era 1626 triode tubes
- ALPS volume pot
- Choke filtered power supply
- Custom walnut chassis with ebony corners and hand rubbed finish
- Triode strapped output
- Easy to drive input
Designed to work with both low impedance and high impedance headphones, the Kenzie is the ideal desktop tube headphone amplifier for fans of reference quality headphones from Grado Labs, HiFiMan, Audeze, MrSpeakers, Sennheiser, Enigma Acoustics, Beyerdynamic, and AKG.
- Input impedance is 10K ohm with alps pot, .5v for full power
- Noise with pot fully counterclockwise is 500 micro volts RMS (Average)
- All measured at 32-ohm tap. All power measurements in RMS
- 100mW 20 Hz (-1db) to 17.7 kHz (-3db)
- 150mW 20 Hz (-1db) to 14.8 kHz (-3db)
- 200mW 20 Hz (-1.25db) to 16.7 kHz (-3db)
Praise for ampsandsound Amps
"The 1626 (aka Kenzie) is one of the sweetest-sounding amps you will ever hear." Read more...
"The Amps & Sound Kenzie: A Brilliant new Tube Amplifier!" Read more...
"This amp does many, many things exceptionally well, and rewards the listener with consistently fine, highly musical sound. Highly recommended." Read more...
"Buy the Kenzie tube amp for its gorgeous guts, keep it for the golden glow." Watch this video
Copyright © 2001 Sonic Studio, LLC. All rights reserved.